Monday, January 31, 2011

Things in full swing...

My lack of posting is mostly due to the fact that I'm having a hard time figuring out what, if anything, I'm trying to say in my posts.  To be honest, my posts feel like a whole lotta jabbering on about nothing...but oh what the hell.

I'm currently dealing with growing up several different strains for a big experiment later this week.  Over the weekend I was pleasantly surprised with how smoothly things were going.  And then today the reality hits:  there's only one autoclave, so today's progress has been slow....and there's an ice/sleet storm waiting in the wings to f--- up tomorrow.  I'm slightly concerned about inoculating my anaerobes tonight in case tomorrow becomes one giant skating rink impeding my ability to drive to work.  I have learned the hard way of what happens when anaerobes over-grow in 1L flasks. 

I was telling the Mr. over the weekend that it's nicer to get the snow in drips and drabs instead of one huge snowfall which we experienced February 2010 last year.

I take that back now.
It's really frustrating to plan experiments while opening the 10 day weather forecast and wonder if your plans will fly or not.

No comments:

Post a Comment