Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Introductions

Hi,
I'm a 2nd year PhD student in molecular biology.  My blog is just my way of throwing my hat into the science blog ring instead of remaining a nameless commenter on my favorite science blogs.

I got the idea for Do ALL the Science! from a friend who first introduced me to Hyperbole and a Half, which is AWESOME.  Since I've been reading Hyperbole and a Half, all the posts make me laugh until I cry. 

Recently, one of her posts was stretched out to the science world by another one of my favorite bloggers, Scicurious
While I was trying to think of a name for the blog, said friend suggested: DO ALL THE SCIENCE!
I hope that both Allie (creator of Hyperbole and a Half) and Scicurious attribute the title of my blog as the complement intended.  (But no, I am not going to run off and email both about it.)

My undergraduate years were spent focusing on microbiology and biochemistry.  I still work with microorganisms in my graduate research, and I'm learning more biochemistry as time goes on.  (I was one of the weirdos who LIKED organic chemistry/ biochemistry, mmm'kay?)  Mostly my blog is for ranting about life in science, life in academia, life as a grad student, and the weirdness in between. 

While I realize the pseudo-anonymity is just that, I appreciate my right to it.  If you're a close friend, please keep this in mind while commenting.  I'm just another cog in the MRU machine for now. 

1 comment:

  1. I wouldn't have said "no", you know. :)

    Welcome to the blogsphere!

    ReplyDelete