Thursday, November 18, 2010

A good day

Today was one of those days that strangely turned out for the better.
There's a TON that needs to be done in the next month, and it almost feels overwhelming.  I was trying to get things going while working with the anaerobes when the nitrogen ran out.  Thankfully I was able to call someone up and get another for tomorrow morning. 

Then something strange happened.  With half of the work unable to be done, everything else got done!  I got just about everything I'd been meaning to do over the course of 6 hours...and then I didn't stop.  I organized my entire bench, updated the lab books, and managed to step out on campus for a cup of coffee. 

In the early evening, I had the option of going to a discussion panel, but I found that I wanted to continue the flow of things and set to task some things I had been putting off.  Today I truly did ALL the science!

If only everyday felt as easy and flowing as today.  I guess I get overwhelmed with the "so much to do" thought that sometimes I go into overload and my brain shuts down.  When things were automatically taken out of the to-do list by necessity, everything was so much easier. 

I even get to sleep in until 7:30am tomorrow!  THAT is awesome.  I'll probably be at the lab all weekend, but Thanksgiving is on the horizon.  The Mr. and I are looking forward to driving to my folks' house with the Spoiled Rotten Cat.  It feels good to be optimistic occasionally.  It's going to be awesome to walk into the lab to my clean bench.  And with the nitrogen tank delivered tomorrow, I can finish off the other half of all the science. 

No comments:

Post a Comment